Friday, December 30, 2005

Hey, I got quoted in the NY Times - who wants to make out?

Although they spelled my name wrong - it should be B-R-I-A-N, not P-I-T-C-H-F-O-R-K:

There is miniature majesty to their music - sounds and motifs come and go on the record, seemingly of their own accord. But just when you think Clap Your Hands is a domestic version of Belle and Sebastian, the British kings of twee-core, they rear up and make a big, scary noise. Pitchfork did a good job of describing the music: "Clap Your Hands traffics in melodic, exuberant indie rock that pairs the shimmering, wafting feel of Yo La Tengo with a singular vocal presence that sounds like Paul Banks attempting to yodel through Jeff Mangum's throat. Or imagine the Arcade Fire if their music were more fun-loving and less grave."

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Pitch, I'm mean, Fork, I mean, of course, BRIAN --

Congrats & kudos on the quote and happy happy new day-year!!

xxoo,

Amy

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

today i stood up and turned my radio on. clap your hands is album of the week!
xo
veronika

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird!
you are mentioned in a political austrian magazine in an article about clap your hands, belonging to it with your article in pitchfork jointly responsible for the success of the band!


xo
veronika

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although they spelled my name wrong - it should be B-R-I-A-N, not P-I-T-C-H-F-O-R-K:




Ha-hah. Congratulations.

Imagine how many "Old School New York Breakfasts" (black coffee + cigarettes + NY Times) went down with your blurb.

--O'ydzwbzim

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home